Our prices are simple and transparent, with no hidden costs
CMA Standard Price List
All funeral directors are legally required to publish this Price List for a standardised set of products and services. This is to help you think through your options and make choices, and to let you compare prices between different funeral directors (because prices can vary).
ATTENDED FUNERAL (funeral director’s charges only)This is a funeral where family and friends have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person at the same time as they attend their burial or cremation.
- Taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements.
- Collecting and transporting the deceased person from the place of death (normally within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) into the funeral director’s care
- Care of the deceased person before the funeral in appropriate facilities. The deceased person will be kept at the premises of G Harries & Sons Chapel of Rest, Pencader, Carmarthenshire.
- Providing a suitable coffin – this will be made from Plain Oak Veneer
- Viewing of the deceased person for family and friends, by appointment with the funeral director (where viewing is requested by the customer)
- At a date and time you agree with the Funeral Director, taking the deceased person to the agreed cemetery or crematorium (normally within 20 miles of the funeral director’s premises) in a hearse or other appropriate vehicle
This is a funeral where family and friends may choose to have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person, but they do not attend the burial or cremation itself.
- Burial (funeral director’s charges only)
- Cremation (funeral director’s charges plus the cremation fee)2
FEES YOU MUST PAY
- For an Attended or Unattended burial funeral, the burial fee1.
- In this local area, the typical cost of the burial fee for local residents is:
For a new grave, you will also need to pay for the plot; for an existing grave with a memorial in place, you may need to pay a removal/replacement fee. In addition, the cemetery may charge a number of other fees.
- For an Attended cremation funeral, the cremation fee2
- In this local area, the typical cost of a cremation for local residents is:
Please discuss any specific religious, belief-based and/or cultural requirements that you have with the funeral director.
ADDITIONAL FUNERAL DIRECTOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
This Funeral Director may be able to supply a range of optional, additional products and services, or to arrange (on your behalf) for a third party to supply them. Examples include:
- Additional mileage (price per mile)
- Additional transfers of the deceased person’s body, for example to their home, place of worship etc. (per transfer)
- Collection and delivery of ashes
- Funeral officiant (e.g. celebrant, minister of religion etc.)
- Prices on request
- Services supplied outside of normal office hours
- Prices on request
The funeral director can give you a full list of what they can supply. They are likely to charge for these additional products and services, so you may choose to take care of some arrangements without their involvement, or you can use a different supplier.
- This fee (which is sometimes called the interment fee) is the charge made for digging and closing a new grave, or for reopening and closing an existing grave.
- In England, Wales and Northern Ireland, you will usually need to pay doctors’ fees as well. This is the charge for two doctors to sign the Medical Certificates for Cremation.
Our Inclusive Prices
A Direct Cremation
- Transfer from hospital / home / nursing home
- Doctors’ fees for cremation certificates (if applicable)
- Care of the deceased but NO VIEWING
- A veneered oak coffin
- Cremation fees for a simple unattended committal at our local crematorium
- A biodegradable ashes container
- Hand-delivery of the ashes
Total Price £1,600.00
Simple cremation funeral services and costs included:
- Fees for cremation certificates
- Completion of all necessary paperwork
- Collection of the person who has died from hospital*
- Care of the body prior to the funeral
- Simple coffin with shroud and lining
- Transporting the coffin to the crematorium
- Funeral ceremony at a local crematorium
- With your choice of a weekday time
- Minister or Celebrant fee
- Crematorium fee
- Ashes collected and returned to you
Total Cost around £2,895.00
Although no two funerals are exactly alike, the following is an example of a typical funeral. This includes the local conveyance of the deceased from your home or a hospital, a hearse, an Oak veneered coffin, pallbearers and a limousine arranged to your convenience at local venues for £2,395.00 plus third party fees.
We are renowned for offering a quality, dignified service at a fair price.
Hearse only option: As above with hearse only and no limousine £2,045.00 plus third party fees.
Other fees and restrictions may apply. Many other funeral options are available. We provide a "like for like" price match based on the nearest geographical funeral homes.
Call 01559 384386 or send us an email to see how we can accommodate your requirements.